• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help: OC'ing XP Mobile 2500 vs. 2600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

runbabyrun

Registered
I am about to pull the trigger to buy a Althon XP Mobile. Couldn't decide between 2500+ or 2600+. Plan to run this on ABIT NF7-S V2 mobo. All things being equal, which one has higher potential for OC'ing?

From what I have experienced, they are roughly equal..

2500 with ease, 2600-2700 if you throw big voltage (2.0V+) or have a high end water system.

like to normal Athlon XP's they will probly OC about the same. And it being that there both unlocked id get the 2500. for it is cheaper and you can change both FSB and multi

and save some money to get other parts

runbabyrun said:
All things being equal, which one has higher potential for OC'ing?

All anyone can really do is take a guess, so you'll just have to take your chances like the rest of us. :) I've tested 2 XP-M2500's and I'm expecting a XP-M2600 to arrive tomorrow.

They have 2000,2200,and 2400 mobiles at newegg... Has anyone tried them ..? I wonder if they have the same potential..

duh.. **smacks myself ** ..lol the whole mobile OC thing must be getting to my head ..

So how about the 2400's ? everyone seems to be going for 2500 and up.. has anyone tried the 2400's ..

Thunda

edit..

Must be a mistake on newegg it says the 2400 is 1.93mhz and the 2500 is 1.83mhz.. :eek:

My 2400 dose 2700MHZ on my DFI Lan party Ultra revB. also this is with 245FSB:D It will not prime. But it folds fine, and plays games perfectly fine as well. So I am still looking into why prime95 is failing. I am running 2.00Volts and am on Water:)

Check my sig... it's 100% prime stable... I'm waiting for my DFI board (en route) before I push it to the limits... I've booted into windows at 2.65 no problem and 1.9V so far... this motherboard doesn't seem to like medium temps (~42C) and high volts though, so I haven't gotten much chance to test stability.

Much better bang for the buck than the 2500+ and far better than the 2600+. This chip outperforms my mobile 2500+ by a good margin (MHz vs Vcore wise)

ChillPhatCat said:
Check my sig... it's 100% prime stable... I'm waiting for my DFI board (en route) before I push it to the limits... I've booted into windows at 2.65 no problem and 1.9V so far... this motherboard doesn't seem to like medium temps (~42C) and high volts though, so I haven't gotten much chance to test stability.

Much better bang for the buck than the 2500+ and far better than the 2600+. This chip outperforms my mobile 2500+ by a good margin (MHz vs Vcore wise)

Why did you choose that memory? I thought the high FSB stuff was for pentiums while the low latency stuff is for Nforce/xp's?

<--new to amd but this sounds temping.

I run a Mobile XP 2500+ @ 10x240 on 1.825 Volts with the DFI Lanparty B NF II Ultra. My Vchipset is 1.8 and my VDimm is 3.2 (Mushkin Black Level II PC 3500). This is coupled with an SP-97/AS3/92MM Tornado. In my basement my temps are 31 idle 37 prime load (large FFTs). It's solid as a rock on the 1/31 beta bios for the DFI. I'd say go for the 2500+ (my stepping is IGYFA 349) over the 2600+, but the 2400's get overclocks that are just as good.

DFI mobos are know for their high bus speed. It itsnt unheard of to get into the 270 range on an Athlon XP.

Their Intel boards are the same way.

Although it looks wholly impressive, do not be decieved! Their memory conrtoller is ineffieient in they way that Intel chips are.

It may be 270, but it will still be equal to a NF7 @ 215-220 mgz. Ive seen many pplz prove this.

However DFI does 270mgz on the bus right outta the package and without any mods. The NF7 is better but it requires alot of patience and modification for it to truly shine.

DFI is a nobrainer and it provides alot of braggin rights. However in benchies the NF7 kicks its *** consistantly. Once again this is with heavy modification.

Back