• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wont load xp ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KLSR

Registered
Well my cousic brought over her pc for me to install XP well all went good till i shutdown after installation now it goes to the windows XP pro load screen but thats it the blue loading indicator dont do jack.heres the specs P2 450 192mb ram 6 gig hard drive .But when after it does that i shut it off and then it comes up the options to start normally or in safe mode so i got to safe mode and it boots it up (in safe mode) no errors nothin so i restart from there and then it goes back to loading windows xp and this time it does load it to descktop ???? But i have to repet this to get to the descktop everytime any ideas im lost.She told me that someone told her that the serial port or somting would have to be changed ???

Most likely there is a hardware conflict, something in her rig that XP doesn't like. Try doing the install with the absolute barest amount of hardware in the case(including just 1 stick of RAM).

Go into the bios and load fail safe settings. Reboot then let XP load. Then start turning stuff back on in the bios one by one.
Rob

Back