• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recomendation for 512 ddr mem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roadrun777

Hello, can anyone recommend me some good 512 meg ddr memory? I am looking for pc3200 and tight timings. I am not going to overclock this very much, but I wanted to keep it under 80$. I really only want cas 2 memory, or 2.5 that will do 2 easily.

I was thinking about getting some winbond CH5 memory 512 for 82$ from tlbmemory.com .

Anyone have any experiences with that memory? If not, do you have a better suggestion for the price range?

I have read that the CH5 will do fairly tight timings if below 230mhz, like 2-3-2-6 (dont know what voltage).

If you have a better suggestion then please let me know.

This will be going into a Nforce 2 ultra board, it will be a dual channel rig, but I do not care if the memory is matched or not, thats over rated anyway.

Thanks all

I don't think you read the part about me wanting a stick at or around the 80$ range?

Mushkin Special 512meg is at 140$ a stick right now!
Thats 140 x 2 (for dual rig) and you get 280$. That is F'n insane man. I could by dual KHX3200/512 BH5 chips for less, and they are the same memory.

Thats really bad advice unless you can tell me where you can get Mushkin special for 80$ a stick (512meg).

I was just wanting to know what is the best around my price range. I was thinking winbond CH5 chips were probably my best bet. I don't like the DT3 chips that everyone keeps talking about.
They go high FSB but they are just slow slow slow, very high latency.

I know the Nforce boards get extra muscle out of low latency chips.

I got my 1GB of PC3200 (winbond ch-5) from tblmemory, nothing is ever garanteed with overclocking performance! but mine seem to do very nicely thank you very much! :D

They did 227MHz with 2.9 volts!

Buffalo.jpg

Will your CH5 do 2-3-2-11 ? at 210mhz?
if so, what was the lowest stable voltage?

Thanks for replying, :)

roadrun777 said:
Will your CH5 do 2-3-2-11 ? at 210mhz?
if so, what was the lowest stable voltage?

Thanks for replying, :)

Yes it will do that at stock voltage, but that dosn't mean others will.... they all overclock differently anyway those timings are NOT the best... 2,3,3,11 produce better results from my tests!

The highest I can go on stock volts is 215MHz @ 2,2,3,6! but 2,3,3,11, produce the best scores in 3Dmark2001 and sandra!

Back