• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ & VGA Silencer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xenocide

i just got my 8rda+ but there is a pci slot right next to the agp slot on this board, unlike my 8rda3+ which had empty space. the vga sliencer sits ontop of the 1st pci slot making it impossible to put the card in with the vga sliencer on. has anyone fixed this problem before, or should i just start hacking away at the bottom of the vga sliencer with my dremel?

meh i just went ahead and dremeled all the way up to the plastic making marks with a pen. obviously i took off the plastic, it seems to fit fine! :)

Heh, who uses PCI 1 anyways?

Besides, you'll need the xtra support that PCI 1 slot hanger gives........after all, the VGA Silencer is very heavy, too heavy for the average AGP socket.

hah i didn't do that to the board, i hadn't touched it, so its dead, big deal, ill just get my money back no harm done

Back