• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Digital Camera Q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

I was wondering if someone can give me some info on digital cameras. What I need is a camera that will take the pictures fast...i.e. I click the button, it takes the picture..not i click the button, it takes a second or 2 to readjust then it takes the picture....
A long time ago I saw those huge nikons that did this but they were like 5-10k.
All I need is like 2-3mega pixels, and 3x optical zoom and I'd be happy. I want a camera that is just like a regular film camera in how it takes pictures.
Any ideas? All the reviews on cameras don't seem to talk about this. I'm asking for people who've used the actual camera also, not word of mouth. A comparison to a standard film camera would be the best.

Thanks

Aspiring sports photographer, are we?

The feature you're looking for is common on many higher-end cameras. No examples, I'm too tired to go looking, but its usually known as a "speed shutter", "sports camera", or other variations. Look around, you'll find one eventually.

And, IMHO, going with a regular camera will get you so much better pictures, and invest the money you save on a scanner. A good scanner

See, now you got me working for ya, found a Sony with burst mode, around $500, the Sony Mavica 5.0-Megapixel CD-R/RW Digital Camera. Search for it at bestbuy

or try the link, dunno if it will work:

Good luck, click here

StreetPharmacy said:
See, now you got me working for ya, found a Sony with burst mode, around $500, the Sony Mavica 5.0-Megapixel CD-R/RW Digital Camera. Search for it at bestbuy

or try the link, dunno if it will work:

Good luck, click here

Hmm kinda what I was looking for.

What your willing to spend will make a huge difference. I would take a good look at the Canon Digital Rebel This will give you all the film like qualities and if you're so inclined a bunch more. Last check had em at $900 (US). Best part is this camera allows for you to grow if the shutter bug bites yet is still good for the point and shooter.

I remeber paying $900 just a couple years ago for a Nikon point and shoot and it was and still is very good. Although the smaller point and shoots really trade of alot for the benefit of small size. Your pictures will be a ton better with a full body camera.

Back