• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD-RW woes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpaceyWilly

I got some DVD-RWs today (finally!). I put together a quick project in Sonic myDVD just to test whether the discs work in my player downstairs. All was going swell until I put the disc back in the drive after watching the movie I'd made on the tv and putting the disc back in the comp to "reburn" something else onto (it is rewritable after all... supposedly) As soon as I put it in I started getting errors the likes of:

"D:\ is not accesible

Incorrect Function"

I tried formating with DLA but it failed

I then reformatted with Nero and it was supposedly succesful so I burnt a small file (also with nero) and I still got the error. I rebooted and it did not help.

I put in a CD and it read it fine, so it isn't the drive. What can I do to save my DVD-RW? Or at least prevent losing more! (They're $3 ea. after all!)

Keep in mind that by definition RW media is not as stable or longer lasting as regular write-once media. It could simply be that your DVD-RW's are defective and/or that your burner is not all that "happy" about using them (making marginal copies?).

I would first try another brand of DVD-RW to see if things improve.

I get the same message with my DVDRW. I have only used it once or twice, but i "think" it has somthing to do with making the disk multi-session i get a warning that it might not be readable in some drives until the disk is closed, this even happens back in the same drive that burned it. Nero can always see the files on the disk, but windows cant untill the session is closed.

Back