• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston Value Ram & BH6 Chips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There have been reports of 256mb PC2700 sticks with BH-6. So if anyone in the Bay Area has found some, I would like to know. So far, I've search though my local circuit city, office max, best buy, and compusa.

sry i was refering to ciku. i happen to live in fremont and i've called and searched most of the bestbuys and circuit cities. you need to find sticks that are almost a year old and i don't believe thats going to happen esp since we live in silicon valley. good luck on finding them though.

Your best bet might be to do some ebay work and ask the sellers (with good reputations of course) to look at the chips and tell you.

I have a 256MB stick of Kingston Value PC2700, BH-6. It was purchased at CC in Nov of last year (DC area too). It runs 222 fine at PC2100 speeds and 200FSB (Duron box). I also got a 256MB stick of their PC2100 Value Ram, however, those chips are unmarked.

try finding sum patriot with bh-5 from frys. should be something like 80$ for a stick of 512.

Thanks guys, too bad...I could get kingston value ram 256mb PC2700 for $5 after rebates...If only I could find some with bh6/bh5. Thanks again for the sugestions. By the way, how do you check the memory chips at frys if it's all locked up?

It would have been $10 sorry about that...I call it "working the system" Fry's had it for $34.99, CC had it for 49.99 plus a rebate. Have CC pricematch Frys and get the rebate.

Back