• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking A64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sappo

Assuming the nforce3 chipset has an AGP lock (i'm not really sure who to believe on this one), is it possible to build a system with components that can run way out of spec so that the cpu is the limiting factor? Right now, what are the limiting factors? The hard drive, and anything that uses PCI slots right? As long as those things were OK, you could in theory run your computer at a FSB of 250 or greater right?

the current NF3's do have an AGP lock, just no PCI.
A few guys on xtreme systems use 66mhz PCI ide/sata cards (promise tx150 for example) and have been getting over 300fsb.
I dont have a PCI or an AGP lock, but I can still get about 245fsb before my radeon craps out, so you may have a good shot at 250 with an agp lock and some IDE drives w/o needing a controller card

At the same time though, you might want to wait a bit, the NF3 250s with agp/pci locks is supposed to be out mid to late March

Last edited:
Back