• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Gateway E4200 PC ?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ianhokh

Any of you Bros have any idea of overclocking a Gateway PC. the model is E4200. PII 350Mhz using intel 440BX chipset....THX

unfortunately, because it's a "name brand" computer, you're probably not going to find many options for that rig. Compaq, Dell, etc have a habit of making their systems "tamper proof" to keep guys like us out of the systems.

You may try Soft FSB tho, some have had luck with it.

You can find it on my FTP in my sig called "Overclocking Files".

G'luck

Thx bro...but i thought softfsb is a program that changes the fsb of the m/b. What if my mobo has a max fsb of 100mhz. softfsb does not increases the hardware speed right....?

softfsb works by controlling the clock generator. The bios is able to do this but gateway cut these features out. It is almost certain that the clock gen has several none standard options like 112mhz or 124mhz so give it a try.

ianhokh (Jun 20, 2001 05:58 p.m.):
Thx bro...but i thought softfsb is a program that changes the fsb of the m/b. What if my mobo has a max fsb of 100mhz. softfsb does not increases the hardware speed right....?

If your MB is at 100mhz and you up your FSB then you will be getting more out of your MB, if thats what you mean by hardware then the answer is yes, if you mean hardware like video cards and modems then when you raise FSB you are raising the PCI and AGP MHZ but it will not overclock the hardware it self just the speed at which it runs on.

Back