• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VR headgear

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimbobjones

Registered
i have recently aquired a VR headset its a forte VFX-1
i got from a relative who had tryed it and couldnt get it working
it came with an old ISA card(i dont have any :( ) which requires me to have a grafix card with a VESA 16 pin(or somthing) adaptor on (2 rows of 8 pins a little like a floppy or ide conector)
i have all the parts including the conection cable but i dont have a suitable grafix card to run the VR unit luckily i have an old pc with ISA slots that i tryed it out on with a tnt card which i added the pins to(it had the holes not the pins) but it did not work properly i just got 2 white screens in the VR headset

could anyone tell me or a card that might support it or am i better off giving up and posibly trading it in for a more upto date unit

i know you can purchace an external driver unit that plugs into your standard 15 pin socket but i dont want to have to pay out $400 or so

any info would be helpfull
otherwise i might strip it back and just use the 2 lcd's and controlers and mount them in my case :)

Back