• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mice Feet for Gammers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do you mean those little teflon ones that they sell? If you are, I hope no one actually buys them. I got a huge roll of teflon take for like $.80 at the hardware store (for pipes, not mice).

Yea unfortunatly that .80cent teflon tape isnt the same as the telfon tape used as mice feet. Ive used the .80cent tape and it is terrible for the job. It practicly adheres the mouse to the surface which is not what I'm looking to do.

errr teflon tape is for sealing threads, lol....the name is a bit misleading.

what you could do is buy a small block of teflon (plastic, not tape) and stick a sliver to the bottom of your mouse with krazy glue or something....I think you can get huge blocks on ebay for like $10 or something (more or less, but cheap)...you should be able to grab a small brick of it at a hardware store......just slice it up real thin and use an adhesive (not double stick tape...that's too thick) to stick it on your mouse.

I have a roll of teflon tape that is apparantly used for RC cars in some form or another. (I just found it at my friends house, and he said he uses it for his RC car and he can get rolls of it really cheap so he gave it to me)

It makes moving the mouse very very smooth, and its not at all like the teflon tape they sell for sealing pipes.

It does seem to wear out rather quickly though, I need to put new strips of it on there ever month or so because the old strips just wear right off and get huge holes in them.

Oh I know the feet you mean, you can pick them up from some stores, and it's supposed to make the mouse "glide better".

I haven't tried them, but I have an MX700 mouse and have just got a ratpadz (which makes moving the mouse much easier), and I was thinking about getting some...

becuase its only 1.50$ for a 18 yard roll of it. Thats not a bad deal at all. I thought my mouse was fine before too, but now its MUCH better.

if the pad was made of teflon then what would the base of the mouse be? Its the same story both ways.

the feet of the mouse already have teflon pads so you may think that theres no point in the tape but since its the quality of the teflon which costs money is the main issue here. You not only need a high quality pad but, high quality feet for "butter on a hot pan" movement.

Back