• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S v2 & Mushkin Black Lvl 2 PC3500 ... FSB Max-out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PerlAddict

With this setup, anyone have any clue what I might be looking at for the max FSB I can hit? I've heard the Mushkin likes a lot higher voltages, but I heard somewhere (I can't remember where) that without modding, the NF7-S v2.0 can only give out 2.9 volts. My processor (unlocked 3000+) is on the way, currently, and I don't think it'll be a bottleneck anywhere, but I see some people here hitting 250 FSB on their NF7's, and I'd just love to think I'd have the possibility to get into the upper 230's with this rig.

Possible? I'm sure. But how probable do you think (and this is my first real overclock since my old P3 450 running at 606Mhz [sad thing is, that's STILL my main rig ... only took me five years to upgrade ... lol], so I don't want to do any volt mods, really, as I just know I'd fry the board).

Look forward to becoming more involved in the community. Take it easy!

- Dave

Welcome to the forums! <~~ That's the first time I've said that, being the semi-newb that I am =)

It'll be a little tough to reach 250FSB at tight timings, but you should be able to get 230+ with timings of 2-2-2-11 or maybe 2-3-2-11.

Im getting L2 Black very soon, so I hope I can help you.

L2 Black uses Winbond's finest...BH5

BH5 usually does 235-240ish using (2-2-2-5) with 2.8-9v

It almost always requires 3v+ to get it stable beyond 240.

Most Intel guys that run @ 250mgz on the bus need about 3.2v

Winbond BH5 isnt like other generic RAM. It craves power and run perfectally with it even as high as 3.5v:eek:

I have yet to see someone blow out their BH5 due to voltage.

Here's to 240mgz :beer: Hopefully it will get here on Monday.

Back