• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EmTSea19

I have an Abit Max 2 ver. 2 Motherboard. I am installing a 52x CD-RW. I already have a CD, DVD, and one Hard Drive. How should I configure it? Should I put the CD-RW as Master and CD as Slave on IDE 2 & The Hard Drive as Master and the DVD as slave on IDE 1? I play a lot of music CD's while on the computer, so I thought it would save my CD-RW if I kept both.

Also, I have the Hard Drive, Video Card, and Front Two Fans connected to one section of plugs from the PSU, is this okay?

Thanks.

I would put the hard drive on the first IDE (0) as master and put the CD and DVD on your second IDE (1?). As for the CD/DVD pick one as master and the other as slave OR select both as being cable-select and you are done :)

If possible, it is best to connect fans on their own connector with nothing else of them. If you can't, then just do it.

If the Hard Drive is on 0 IDE and the CD & DVD on IDE 1, then which IDE channel is the CD-RW on? I am confused by your answer.

Back