• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Older Compaq Server HDD's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blimpie

Registered
Ok, i recently got a Compaq Prolient 1500 server, for CHEAP!
This thing is friggin heavy, its only a 100 MHz, with 192 MB of ram. It has 5 SCSI slots in front, when you open the front of the case. It does say 'supports fast wide SCSI 2', and was wondering what type of HDD's i should get for this thing. I tried looking at a few places that sell the drives, but i am having a hard time finding ones that go into servers like this. I dont know a whole lot about SCSI, (a newbie SCSI'er). How much are drives gonig to cost for this thing? Or would it just be better to get one scsi drive, like a 4 GB or so, and a PCI ATA controller card, and get some ATA drives to be used as a file server?
I dont have a whole lot of money to spend on the thing, thats why i was thinking the ata controller card, as ATA hdd's are cheap.

Thanks for any help,
Blimpie

i dont know, its in a EISA slot, and its friggin huge. Do you just want all the numbers off it? (fcc id and stuff) or the number off the huge chip on it?

Back