• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vantec question:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cerberus2k7

Drifto Mexicano
I have a Vantec Nexus NXP-101, and I am planning on getting a SP-94 with a 92mm Vantec Tornado and hooking it up to the Nexus. Now, I was wondering if the Tornado will work with the fan controller, or would I need to modify something? Thanks,

-=[C]=-

Yeah, i'm a n00b to the whole power scene, so I have no idea. I looked up the stats, and this is what I found:

Rated Voltage 5V ± 5% ~ 12V ± 5%

Input Power - 5V Less than 0.5W
- 12V depends on the type of CPU cooling fan

I wish I still had the box for my Nexus, but right on there somewhere it says something like "Ideal for controlling highspeed fans like the Vantec Tornado"

Yeah, I googled it, and it does say that's it's "great for using high CFM fans such as the Vantec Tornado" :p

vantec's website makes no reference to using a tornado with the nexus 101 multi-function controller.however on their site i read 2 reviews on this unit where the writers used it with tornado fans so it should be ok.

Back