• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit Monitoring Application

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it is a monitoring app that comes on the drivers cd. It tells you all your system info and you can cgange the digital readouts to graphs. I like it better than MBM for quick temp readings because you can set the refresh way up there. It also has hi-lo settings so if something goes out of the limit then it will make a siren noise from the mobo speaker. Give it a try!

hm, I've always used the Winbond Hardware monitor. Guess I'll give this a try

I don't really like how you can't completely take away the fan display, even though they're all off. It'd be nice if it were a bit more customizable (is that a word?)

Last edited:
yeah kids this is abit EQ one of many features on the NEW mobo the AN7 *AKA* NF7-S ver 3.0 it has uguru a highvdimm and a few more ops. UGURU lets u overclock the FSB from the desktop and raise the voltage,flash the BIOS,black box(if ur computer has an error it gets sent to ABIT and u put all ur computer info on blackbox like CPU HD GFX and abit helps troubleshoot). and a fan EQ. The fan equalizer shows some stuff...lol like ur temps of air or something i have an AN7 and love it :D the latest BIOS fixed all of the "bugs" i didnt really have anything that i dont think was mobo related,just me not thinking...IE having HD and DROM and same IDE cable...rofl the BIOS read my HD as a light on 52x rofl

I don't understand why when I set the vcore in bios to 1.65xx (standard) the EQ (or Voltage monitor in the bios) showed a reading of 1.7?
This happens for Vdimm too.

I just got this board and another xp2500+ 04 week9. can easily oc to 200fsb though it is multi locked.

About the guy with a 1.65 voltage in the bios and 1.70 actual, I have found this to be normal. My core voltage is actually a little under what I set it to in the bios. The same thing happens with your FSB and other settings. These things are dependent on soo many different factors that they arn't prefectly accurtate to what you set them to be in the Bios. If you want to tune your Voltages or something else to an exact value, you have to basically guess and check, by setting the value in the Bios and then checking the actual value from CPUZ or something.

BTW: MBM5 won't run on AN7. Why? Darn Abit don't want to release (at least not now) the uGuru info (some Winbond chip) to Alex (creator of MBM).

I think i'm gonna stay away from uGuru 'til Abit does improve it... Besides it takes too much memory/cpu.

AN7 people: i think our best shot for monitoring is:
ClockGen for nVidia nForce2
Version 1.03
March 2004
Web page : http://www.cpuid.com/clockgen.php

BTW: clockgen is freeware.

AbitEQ is nothing more than a skinned version of Hardware Monitor really (same files used). So the temps will read the exact same in both progs.

Back