• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hot ASUS 9800XT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dave [65th_Div]

Registered
HI all just got me ASUS 9800xt limited edition (it allready has 2 fans on it)
was running last night at stock and i was playing Medal Of Honor, whatching the fps while playing, problems was it kept over heating and me fps droping while in game down to 25fps but when o.k. getting around 250-300 fps.

my room temp is 19°c CPU at 34°c case well i took the side cover off and it droped @ 4°c but still gave me the same problem.

does anyone have any idea`s to why this runs so hot (in smartdoctor it says 43°c no load then goes way up while playing) i get the message from smartdoctor asking for a bigger fan.

any idea`s would be nice thanks (match today 9.pm)
all setting in MOH at max

cheers bashy

Last edited:
it OC'es itself to far i think... isnt there an option to limit its OC using the driver?

edit: 25 fps isnt like... not enough for gaming, im in a clan, and with my old rig, i kicked *** with 15/20 fps :p

Jognt said:
it OC'es itself to far i think... isnt there an option to limit its OC using the driver?

edit: 25 fps isnt like... not enough for gaming, im in a clan, and with my old rig, i kicked *** with 15/20 fps :p

Yeah but but anything under 25fps really causes lag.. specially on Broadband...

Was there a lot of guys around you, could the temps only be because it's strugling to run the game at decent rates because of all the guys?

seems to be better now that i got rid of ATI cat, driver and the latest ASUS driver, just using the one that came with the card.

now it o.k. apart from the game crashes after about 10- 20 mins
i just get the frezze screen and the "error program and needs to close" or something like that.

temp. seems to be better but still crashes - hope its not nothing to do with that i have a NF2 chipset with nvidea drives as well as ATI trying to work together= will have to look up this one.

does anyone know a good program to test this s**t?

Back