• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Im getting my mhz back tomomrow. what fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valk

Yep. i broke my smart fan 2 and after only 2 days of 2000 mhz, i want my mhz back again! >_<.

Im going to go buy a fan tommorrow to replace my dead one and ill probably buy a more powerful fan for my zalman hp80 too.
so. what should iget? im tempted to pick up another volcano 9. its the only way i can get a smart fan 2 locally for like $19. its a pretty good deal, just rape it for its fan.
A Tornado 80 mm will cost me $23 with taxes. but i know i can talk that down sinc ei buy so much **** from memory express. little things here and there that are enough to make me valued ;) *abuse abuse*
92 is a little more of course.

Noise isnt really a consideration since im useing a rheobus right now.

so, what should i go for? im stuck with an sk7 for now to cool my amd. which fan would you buy to get this thing at 2500 every day? the sf2 managed to keep it at about 45 at max speed. the audio of that fan isnt so bad either compared to a tornado. but would the 119 rated cfm of a 92 mm tornado be worthwhile if the heatsink isnt stepped for it?
If i mount the tornado with a bracket over my sk7, do you think this would be better or worse than my modified smart fan 2?
fans.jpg

duct.jpg

Im using a tornado right now. AFAIK its workin fine. My temps suck cuz Im using Tic-tac's BIOS.

Rough numbers are about: 40idle / 46load

BTW Im also using an SK7.

that one is kinda weak for my liking actully =\. if ibuy a blower, i want to get something in the 200+ cfm range. might be hard to find though. also, there is no practical use for a blower in my machine right now. sure, i could find a way to rig that to my cpu fan, but at 12 vdc, a standard panaflo high flow will beat that down. I need somthing with the 80+ cfm range that runs on 12 vdc.

Its also an issue of availability. i dont have a credit card. so i cant buy something like that locally i dont think.

How many amps can a pc power supply provide on the 12 volt line? found a few blowers that look pretty sweet at 12 vdc.

I just got a 92 mm tornado and another panaflo ultra high flow 80 mm. the tornado got bolted onto the shroud for anotehr 92 mm fan to direct the flow down on my fairly small by comparison sk7. i sleeved the cabling and mounted using my zalman fan bracket 123.

the 80 mm panaflo went on my radoen 9800, Zalman hp 80c. that fan moves lots of air at such a low noise level. of course, nothing can be heard over the tornado. I dont see why so many people complain about the tornado noise level. my smart fan 2 wasnt as loud, but being smaller, the high pitch overwhelmed the sound of air moving quite severely. with the tornado, that is less a problem. so the sound is a little more bearable. my case fans also help to drown it out.

Now, the temps! currently, i have been priming for 2 hours trying to get the thing hot. at full bore, 119 cfm, the system is running 47º. no errors.
200mhz X [email protected] volts
I wanted to try and get my fsb to do the work instead of the cpu multi, but she seems to like 200 mhz, and not a penny more. I might try for 13x at some point after a suitable burn in time.

im happy. rock solid, not very noisy *im used to those 60 mm and 120 mm delta screamers*

Back