• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pollish kinda: Why do you fold?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yamiyanazz

I woke up this morning and asked why I fold. I'd like to know why everyone else folds. Is it for the babes? The feeling you get when you complete a WU? For lost loved ones? For loved ones you don't want to lose? Please answer!

The reason I started folding again is for my girlfriend...she was begining to have pains in her stomach...I know this probably has nothing to do with folding, but it made me realize that we aren't super-humans and that we are all canidates for cancer or other serious desieses. I fold for my loved one I don't want to lose.

*edit*: I don't mean "Polish" as in the hot-dog... I tend to say "ish" after things I'm not sure about... Just making sure no one gets confused why I'm not talking about food.

combination of all of those. the most driving for me is the stats, but i would fold even if not for the stats. i probably wouldn't be near as active though.

I guess I run it because I might as well do something w/ my CPU when I'm not using it. And FAH is better than anything else. I fold 24/7 probably because of the stats.

Because if I had an illness, that could be cured if only the research was done, I know I would want others to be trying to help save me.

At first because it seemed like a good thing to do with idle pc time. Last year I lost my father to lung cancer. Now my Aunt is battling a malignant brain tumor. Those are all long term type reasons.
The stats are a day to day fun type reason. Keeps me involved and pushes me to stay intune with my hardware and the latest improved products that are out.

1) Stats
2) I might as well
3) It's actualy usefull to someone(all be it not me); unlike those *other* programs
4) Good way to waste a couple spare hours each week(nice diversion)
5) I'm freaking good at it!

(1) Both maternal grandparents (who were like a second set of parents to me) lost to cancer.

(2) Weird chemistry seems to run in the family. Lots of enzyme deficencies, insuline resistence, diabetes, metal allergies (like zinc, magnesium, chromium), etc.

(3) I cannot justify looking for LGMs when I could be helping to cure something.

(4) Team 32 and OC.com is the all-time best group of people to be around.

Next! :D

someone's gotta try(unsuccessful as I may be, so far) to take on nik and vonkar

give it a week though, I got about 10 machines borged, they just gotta start handing in :D

Lol! I just now got "pollish" in the title. I was like what does this have to do w/ the pollish? Is he polish? Is the subject polish? What!?!? Ahh, to realize your own supidity is to be one w/ the univers

I fold mainly because my computers are on folding or not and I would like to help someone so I have them fold. The stats make for fun competition which drives production up for a good cause.

I fold because people in my family have had cancer and I don't want to see it happen again.

Stats are fun, but I fold for the cure.

Because I had this computer and it was going to waste and I might as well use it for a good cause. Plus, my uncle died of lung cancer, grandpa died of lung cancer....and while I wasnt close to either, it kind of scared me. We also have diabetes in the family. So, I guess im doing it for my uncle and grandpa, to help people in the future, and a more selfish reason....that it might keep me alive someday.

#1 - Cancer research.
#2 - In the Name of Science. I'm a research scientist, after all =)

I would do it for the stats, but since power is so damn expensive around here, I can't leave my PCs on 24/7 anymore. =T

It keeps my room warm without having to put the heating on.

I haven't checked my stats in ages, although it's good to see the team do well. I don't really care how I'm doing. Quite a bit of the time I'm folding for other random ppl on the team..

9mmCensor said:
Because if I had an illness, that could be cured if only the research was done, I know I would want others to be trying to help save me.

Same here. Also I fold for people who do have diseases and are dying/dead/suffering. Hopefully folding is something that might help bring us closer to finding a cure to many dieases or maybe even finding one.

Second,

Back