• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help identifying a processor.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Biggles 266

Was offered a processor by someone. I asked what it was, they replied with this:

"XP system information defines it as - X86 family 6 model 8 authentic AMD ~1674mhz"

I have a model 10, which is a Barton. So is this a Palomino then this one?

Ta.

Yup, model 8 is a thoroughbred. If you can grab the stpping, we can tell it it is a tbredA or tbredB. See if you can run wcpuid or cpu-z on it to grab the full cpuid code. 680 is tbredA, 681 is tbredB (listed as family, model, stepping). Palominos are 66x, as c627627 said. Morgan durons (mostly just a palomino care with only 64k L2 cache) were 67x, I believe. 6Ax (A is 10, BTW) is Barton. x, of course, being the steping.

badge56 said:
Barton is model 10
Which is also known as A when you view the straight code. If you count in hex, you go 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F. Aren't alternate number systems fun? And now, if you count in anchient egyption... hey, my keyboard doesn't have those symbols!

Just got myself a 2600+ 333 week 0340 (not mobile)
Its a model 8 Thouroughbred but its unlocked. Now running 2600 mhz 12.5X207 at 2.0 Vcore. Looks stable.
Will try for more after some burning in.

Back