• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dually One-Click install doesn't work.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anvil82

Dually One-Click install doesn't work.

I tried it on my windows xp machine and it worked, but not on a windows 2000 machine.

I ran

Service-Install-1.bat

and it tells me:

'sc' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Blech.

:(

lol no I mean it created the

C:\Program Files\FAH1

and

C:\Program Files\FAH2

and in those folders there is a file called

Service-Install-1.bat

In that bat file is the "sc" command which doesnt work in win2k.

I think Wedo may want to include the sc.exe utility in the install just like srvany.exe.

The single one-click install worked for me 2 weeks ago on two diff. 2k machines.

did you reboot??

sorry for stupid question, but mine didn't start up till reboot. It doesn't explicitly say it's necessary in installation instructions.

Crapola... the problem seems to be that sc.exe is not a standard issue for some versions of W2K. I could add it to the install, but I think it's just easier to reboot for now.

Sorry about that... I'll see if there's another way to start the service in the batch file.

Wedo

P.S. for anyone reading that's not in the know, the One-Click works great for XP machines and W2K rigs with sc.exe (which is a Microsoft program designed to install/run services so why the 'flip it's not on some W2K rigs has be baffled).

Back