• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PaltRudes BIOSmods

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

paltrude

Registered
Since I´ve noticed the demand I thought that it might be a good idea to join the these forums aswell.
I´ll be around from time to time so we´ll see each other later on.

Paltrude

Welcome paltrude. I know you from the abit forums.
The IT7 max2 v2 bios you modded with highpoint v3.03 has worked great for me. If you get around to modding a AI7 bios then that will be great.

cheers.

microfire said:
Welcome paltrude. I know you from the abit forums.
The IT7 max2 v2 bios you modded with highpoint v3.03 has worked great for me. If you get around to modding a AI7 bios then that will be great.

cheers.

Good to hear! Always makes me glad that my mods fill their purposes.
All files have been remodded quite recently since so many requested overclocking capabilities, which I for some reason forgot while modding them the first time... I see you already overclock it so I guess that you found my mod after the remod?

I actually gave the AI7 a shot but it gave me one hell of a fight in return.
It actually refuses to open!
I think that it´s BIOSstandard needs newer tools than I have at hand but as soon as I stumble across a solution I will let you know.
Paltrude

paltrude said:

Good to hear! Always makes me glad that my mods fill their purposes.
All files have been remodded quite recently since so many requested overclocking capabilities, which I for some reason forgot while modding them the first time... I see you already overclock it so I guess that you found my mod after the remod?

I actually gave the AI7 a shot but it gave me one hell of a fight in return.
It actually refuses to open!
I think that it´s BIOSstandard needs newer tools than I have at hand but as soon as I stumble across a solution I will let you know.
Paltrude

If you can crack the AI7 bios, and fix the issue with it not supplying enough Vdimm after a flash/cmos reset to boot Mushkin Level 2 ram, you would be my hero....:cool:

I think all it needs is a the Vdimm default set to 2.6....but that appears to be too much to ask from Abit....:rolleyes:

InvisGreenMan said:
*sheepishly looks at ground* uhhh

What does BIOS modding do?

It all comes down to unlocking already existing settings within BIOS or replacing BIOSparts that are outdated.

Abit for example, has BIOSversions that has ACPI enabled by default and locked so that you can´t edit it. I make it view and editable and so on. I also make it possible to overclock mobos that has OClocked BIOSfiles...

You can check my page for more info on this matter.

Rocinante said:

If you can crack the AI7 bios, and fix the issue with it not supplying enough Vdimm after a flash/cmos reset to boot Mushkin Level 2 ram, you would be my hero....:cool:

I think all it needs is a the Vdimm default set to 2.6....but that appears to be too much to ask from Abit....:rolleyes:

Hehe, if I could crack that BIOS I would truly be a hero ;)

Highpoint just released BIOS 3.04 for the hpt 374.

I have imbedded it in my mods.

Changes:
v3.04 05/08/2004
* S.M.A.R.T support
* Buzzer support
* Fix Windows 2000/SP2 installation issue
* Fix timing compatibility

Last edited:
The 3.04 is nowhere to be seen for the IT7 boards. Only lists 3.03 still.

Altough the AT7 boards with 3.04 are there on your site.

I'm sorry man...
Apparently I was too fast while linking, so fast that I didn't see the filename I linked to. The 3.04version was uploaded, but the link pointed elsewhere.
It has been corrected now.

I'm sorry for getting your hopes up :(

Back