• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Several P4P800 Delux problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Liquid Ice

Registered
Here is my system
P4P800 Delux
P4 2.8C
2 X 512MB PC3200 Crucial Ram (chips match those approved for board, micron chips)
Geforce 4 ti4400
Antec TrueBlue 480 Watt
Promise PCI IDE card
80 GB Maxtor HD
80 GB WD HD
Liteon 52x Burner
plextor 24x Burner
Sony 52x cdrom

These are the problems i'm having

1)Memory timings will show at 2.5-3-3-6 in cpu-z and sandra no matter what i set them in motherboard
2)Every day when i first start up my computer, it doesn't want to post. I have to shut it off and on several times for the bios to think that it is a failed overclock and finally allow me to post.
3)I was under the impression that the raid could be used as independent IDE channels, however when i try to use them, as soon as the windows logo comes up there is a blue screen and my computer restarts and it goes in an endless loop like that.

I am not overclocking anything at all. If anyone can help with these problems, i'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
set Turbo Performance = auto, Memory Acceleration Mode = auto and try using SPD timings for ur ram. btw, wat bios rev r u using? u might wanna update ur bios :)

I just set the performance to auto and the ram settings to 3-3-3-6 and now the correct values show up in both programs.

I'm using bios 1014 btw.

bios 1014 should be ok.. what r ur ram suggested cas timings? try running it at suggested timings... did u set ur MAM to auto or enable? it sometimes causes instability.. leave it auto as of now :)

check ur ram's suggested cas on their website... coz if u run it tight, it will cause instability and u will have to raise the voltage of ram :) it's better to run it on suggested to test it then u can start messing with it :D

There are no ram timings listed anywhere for this. I checked the crucial site and the only thing that it says is that it is cas 3 memory at 5 ns.

Sadly, the startup problem is still there. I've started to overclock any way, but i'm looking for a way to fix this problem still.

Back