• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4E 3.0 & Higher Will Be LGA775 Only?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stratcat

It's an Inquirer article w/a link to to original article @ DigiTimes.

O.K., we've all got our opinions on The Inquirer. But they have been right, and in front of the curve, at times, IME.

Are there any peeps, who actually have 478 3.0 P4E's??? IIRC, there were some OEM's briefly at Newegg.

I also remember an Intel PCN, several weeks ago, stating the 'D' stepping Prescotts would have 2.8, 3.0, & 3.2 478 FFF. DigiTimes also covered this PCN in a short article.

If today's article is accurate; WOW, did we get the Shaft! :mad:

I've got 3 P4P800's I use pretty much exclusively for distributed computing, & was dying to get my paws on those P4E 'D' steppings in May...

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14425

Found it! Hmmm...3.0 P4E 'C' steppings in-stock @ Newegg, just as I remembered. Somethin' doesn't add up here... :rolleyes:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...116-175&catalog=343&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=0

Maybe NOW'S the time to snatch up a 3.0 P4E for your 478 mobo, rather than wait for the (hopefully) new May 478 steppings.

I've come to like Intel 200 FSB HT'd cpu's.

I do not trust Intel.

Not after the PIII/Tualatin skt scam.

Not after the Willie/Northwood skt scam.

Oh well...

FWIW

Nope, but I have a mate with a 3.4E (no bull) Prescott s478, I think its a ES though....something did seem to change when they decided to release the 3.4 Northy.
One of the main UK distributors have 52 2.8E Prescotts and none any faster although they are due in 400 3.2E on 6th March (also showing 3.4E as being 200 due in on 20th Feb and they have none in stock though)
Paper launch would be a nice description, my mate with the 3.4E has to run with no side on his case to get it to even run stable, but hes an amateur with a cheap PSU and stock HSF!

Got a fedex from newegg on Friday with a 3.0 prescott

intel mc '03
pentium 4
3.00ghz/1m/800
SL79L Philippines
7402a908

If all goes well I'll fire it up tomorrow afternoon after UPS comes.

The inq posts before they think about what they posted. Like I said before they must have good drugs where those guys work cause they hallucinate like sombeeches.

Back