• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Heatsink & Fan, Athlon 2800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

llChaosll

Sup yall, Im also new to overclocking & I have an Asus a7n8x Dx mb with the Athlon 2800. I have it oc'd to 2.2 now & I want to get a new heatsink & fan so my temps could go down a bit. I was just wondering whats the best cooler out there & if you could supply me with a link if possible. I have stock cooling now & I wanna be able to push my cpu a little farther then 2.2.
& if I do get it how much would the temps drop about?
So someone help a fella out
Thanx in advance
:D

i second that SLK-900A, I got a SLk-900A on mine

dropped my temps with stock cooling from 125'f to 130'f down to 99'f to 140'f

and for fan it you dont mind nose a Vantec 92mm tornado will do the job, and you can get a fan controller for it too and turn it down so its not so loud

Sentential said:
Ultra: (!Warning is extremely loud. Almost requires a fancontroller for everyday use!): http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/del80ffb08123.html

Tornados may be loud but they make a regular aircooled heatsink as effective as water-cooling.

Don't need a 20.00+ fan controller for either a delta or tornado...(the tornados actually have less of a dead center then the deltas)...takes a 2.00 switch...and about 10 minutes or so...7 volt switch mod

Ight thanx a lot for the info
I think I'll prolly get the Sp97, Its definitly compatible with my board right? & what fan should I get along with it?
Im guessin I have to get the fan right l0l
Im new to **** overclocking stuff so ya know
Gott ask some stupid questions sometimes :p
Layta!

I have the SP-97 and a M Model 92mm Panaflo on my ASUS A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 mobo and I'm totally happy.

Ight koo!, guess ima go with that then if anything. Btw, I have it oc'd to 2.2 now, if I do go about getting that Sp97 & that Tornado, should I be able to hit 2.3 or even 2.4? Let me know, thanx alot
Layta!

dead_man311 said:
i was stuck at 2250Mhz on stock, with my cooling upgrade i can now hit 2350Mhz so i got 100Mhz out of it

Sounds good, I'll prolly end up going for it. I think I have pc3200 Crucial 2 512 cards running DDR so thats 1 gig. I hope I'll be able to hit 2.4 with that cooler.
Btw, I was messin around with the fsb the other day & I had got it to 230 & then I tried 232 & it didnt boot up, so I tried going back to 230 ever since but it doesnt let me boot to it anymore? Any suggestions? I tried uppin the vcore, & everythin.
so now its back to 200 fsb.
Thanx for all yall replies
Layta!

im running an sp97 and a 120mm delta 190cfm, soldered onto a rheostat to control it....gives me really good 30°c idle at max, or around 34°c idle with it turned down to silent :D its a more extreme option to air cooling tho, short of using cage blowers (which im trying to get hold of ;) )

I also have the SP-97 and the 92mm Panaflo on my A7N8X Deluxe...Great combo. I literally dropped 10C by adding this combo to replace my Thermaltake Volvano 9...you cannot go wrong with this combo. It is a little bit pricier than many HSF combos..but well worth the money!

I thought I'd mention this for you...
talking about the noise and hearing it are two completely different things...when I first started I was like "oh I dont care how loud it is as long as its cool" but realistically, it gets annoying REALLY fast...

just be prepared, because its easier to sit here and say "I won't mind it" than sit next to it and not hear yourself think.

Back