• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LiteON cdrw/dvd died?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cereal Killa

Hi all,
I have a LiteOn cdrw/dvd combo drive (48/24/48/16) here for about a month and a half but a couple of days ago it appears to not read anything anymore.

I hear the cd inside spin for a very short while then stops, spins again, stops,... for a couple of times. The light also flickers as if it's reading.
I was wondering if it's just plain broken or dirty inside. I plan on getting one of those cleaning cds and see if it works but if some are sure it's broken then I don't need to get it.

Thx
--Cereal

Nah, it's allright, tested in 2 pcs and both do the same crap :(

Ow well, it's the first thing I've ever broken since I have a computer (~one and a half years, man, where have I been before that lol) so it's ok...

Next stop: DVDburner-ville lol :)

--Cereal

lol :)
I'll see when I have the money to buy one ;)
There's a chance I stay with LiteOn, I have a regular cd burner from them and it's working fine for 1.5 years now and doing its job good.

--Cereal

Back