• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my block wont fit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snyper1982

ok, so i am ****ed right now. damn it, i have been setting up my water system for a long time, and now that i go to put the block on my gpu, it hits my damned ram sinks. anyone know of a way around this, i have a gemini cool gpu block for my radeon 9700. any ideas anyone, i was hoping to keep all gemini, but am willing to go with another as a last resort.

sorry, i dont have any pics. but no i cant remove them, i used thermal epozy on them so, thats a no go. ill try to whip something up in paint. lol.

snyper1982 said:
sorry, i dont have any pics. but no i cant remove them, i used thermal epozy on them so, thats a no go. ill try to whip something up in paint. lol.

I had heard that if you put the card in the freezer to cool the epoxy sometimes they can just "pop" right off?

Not sure if this applies to the thermal epoxy tho as I've never used the stuff.

Nor have I done this method, so if something happens to the card dont blame me :)

May want to get a second opinion on that

I had heard that if you put the card in the freezer to cool the epoxy sometimes they can just "pop" right off?
Putting the card in the freezer does make the epoxy a little more brittle, making it easier to remove the sinks. No guarantees though, and there's still a chance of taking the RAM modules off with the sinks.

If you can file or dremel down the sinks, that would probably be the best thing to do.

be very careful to protect the little crevicies in the card if you plan to dremel. little bits of aluminum can find there way in there and short out something important.
Honestly, your best bet is to cut off parts of the sinks so it'll fit.

i found a better solution, lol. i used a street fitting, with a hose barb in there. it worked, but i think i may end up getting a different heatsink for it eventualy.

Back