• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats your 2500 locked barton speed????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brock8503

Registered
I got a locked 2500 recently and this baby likes the volts to run prime stable

2500 @ fsb 200=2.2g. / 1.85v ~ 1.82 on abit(dunno the stepping)

just wondering what u guys are getting

Cpu code: AXDA2500KV4D AQYHA0347SPMW

My barton is locked and i'm running it at 217x11 (2388)
with vCore bios setting @1.82 but cpu-z reading jumps from 1.792 /1.750.

My PSU is unstable and holding back my overclock i think:(
But over all i'm happy with overclock:)

I have booted windows at 2.6 gig(237x11) and at stock cooling. I am in the process of getting a better cooler and waiting on my hdds. It is a week 43 in 2003 and I have a screen shot at 2.54 gig that I posted a few days back. It is prime stable at 2426 at 1.85 volts. I am happy but I think I am going to order a mobile for the heck of it. I have spent about 3 hours total tweaking, so I know she has more in her.

Hey......I was able to get my locked 2500 barton up to 11x236 = 2596 mhz. I have Mushkin PC3200 Special 222 running at 3.3 volts on my DFI LP Ultra B mobo. I was continuing to increase the fsb......Unfortunately I was only going by Prime 95 at the time & I tried some other programs which resulted in crashing.....Still "fidging" with the settings to see whats stable. Even though it's Prime stable, does not appear to be game stable (i.e. Futuremark benchmarks & actual games.)

Right now I found it stable (prime, games, & benchmarks) at 230x11 = 2530 mhz. I can't remember the stepping, but I know it is locked......I don't really feel like ripping it apart to find out what the stepping is (have done to much of that lately)

-ºb§

Thxs for the replies

i just found out my hd 120 gb is goin out ,rma to wd replacement on the way, it would cause crashes. i think this is what might have been holding me back.

just about done with a 24hr prime95 run
@ 11x200

i should be able to go further, but i think i might buy a mobile as well and follow the crowd. Ill put this one in my other comp.:)

Last edited:
11x182 only :( if i get higher fsb my video card begins to show artifacts, and I really dont understand why, nforce2 chipsets has pci/agp lock right?

CPU Week = 47

I am able to get my 2500+ to 2.37 (215x11) stable, as long as my room is somewhat cool with 1.7v to 1.75v in the bios. mobo dont want to go higher than 220 or could be my memory. either way... i am happy with a 500mhz overclock with my Thermalright sk-7

hey guys i been trying to get my proc past 220 but she dont want to go i found out that one of my mems was not liken 220 but the other does (24hr memtest pass). I cant seem to get any better though or my comp locks up or prime locks up as soon as its started. I have to give the chip 2.1vcore to do 218 and have the computer stable. do u think my chip is a voltage lover or what. or am i bein retarted haha. we will see how long she does the prime test though without lockup. I think i read that nf7-s hit the wall at 220 . Am i right??

What voltage are u running that BH-6 mushkin I have read that they like 3.0v+ for overclocking and the NF7 only has up to 2.9v
maybe a volt mod needed to get the full out that BH-6;)

Also what revision is ur board.

Yesterday I changed my old PQZFA 0347 ( a terribe overclocker ) for a IQYHA 0402 and what a diferent!!

Running right now @ 2315 mhz 210x11 with default Vcore!! amaizing 100% prime stable :D

ok well i think that it is the proc, i cant remember the exact code but i think it was one like malon had i do remember seein a pqz.... so thats what is holdin me back. i just bought it to. o well and my one 256 bh-6 does run 220 2.9 stable but the other does not but thats a whole nother subject. so the board can go further but my proc wont thats the conlusion that i come up with. maybe ill sell it on ebay and get a m2500.

u guys think im right

brock8503
(come play unreal 2003 gibgames servers)

malon said:
11x182 only :( if i get higher fsb my video card begins to show artifacts, and I really dont understand why, nforce2 chipsets has pci/agp lock right?

CPU Week = 47

You need to set your AGP frequency to 66 in the BIOS...

PQZFAQ0349 [email protected]'s

I haven't written down my stepping yet, but see sig. :D

*edit*

I re-did my HSF today, and wrote down my stepping, so here it is:

PQZFA 0347MPMW

Last edited:
mine dont wanna do higher than 200x11, but atleast it does 200x11 at stock vcore, i think its my memory, but im not worried about it, im going mobile come monday :)

i have finaly hit 2.3ghz 211 x11 and im still pushing it so dont know how high yet

just thought id update it cuz now i got to 2400ghz @ 1.7v

Last edited:
I have been running my AQYFA at 2.2GHz @1.65 vcore for weeks. I haven't tried going any higher....no point really, as nothing requires the much power. Well, nothing I run, anyway.

I have tried a few 2500+ Bartons and about 2300 mhz has been tops (stable that is) using 1.875/1.9 Vcore. May get more using 2+ Vcore but did not try.

Back