• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Back in action

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jokrswild

Well, I sold off all my rigs, and bought a nice laptop for myself (mobile 3.06 HT). Then I decided that i could run seti on it when it wasn't doing anything else - there's too much processing power on this to waste any! I also got Eric (Sir-Epix) to crunch under my name as well on his (i think) 1900+

So the four horsemen are dead, but Jokrswild is doing somethign worth while (had 13 yesterday, 11 already today).

I have driver set up for "idle" priority. Even on low it would cause things to go real slow like. I also propped up my laptop on an old NES game to allow some better airflow. In the future i may get that antec notebook cooler. Anybody here have one of those?

I wont' be crunching when i'm on battery though, it kills it too quick. But most of the time i'm just plugged in. I'll see if i can recruit a few other machines, but i'm not sure where from....

Back