• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

benchmarking with HT..problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lowbaby

i am wondering if there are any problems with sandra and HT chips. my friend and i have the same sandra program, i have a 2.4 celeron @ 3.2 and he has a p4 2.6 HT chip and i smoked him bad. on my sandra sheet it runs one thread and the HT sheet says it ran two threads.?????
so what gives, is HT like a duel chip setup or not.

but how much of a diff dose it make.
i should think that a 2.6 HT is faster than a 3.2 non HT but that was just what i was told. i am concerned with the bench i had like 4 o 5000 mips more than the HT. i though that sandra did not read TH right or something.
thanks for the input!

The newer verions of Sandra (2003 & 2004) work with HT. As for the results, what benchmark were you running that you got a higher score? Arithmetic? Multimedia? Both? There are some benchmarks that rely on pure speed rather than multiple threads. A better comparison would be your Celeron compared to my 2.6C w/HT Oced to 3.25Ghz. I get

Compare your results to mine and see where you come out.

thanks alot.
ill get the screen shots later today and post them.
also one more Q and im done.
dose anybody know (as a set amount) how much of a diff HT makes i.e. same chip with and without HT?
thanks in advance.

It all depends on what you use it for. In games, it makes almost no difference, cuz current games do not take advantage of multi processing or multi threading, although furure games will use it. If you like to be doing many things at once, that is where HT will shine. Like if you want to be encoding video and watch a movie at the same time, neither will slow eachother down.

Back