• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP Mobile Info

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OCMyth

While AMD is reluctant to give us any real info on the mobiles we love, i found this at their site:

This will help you 'classify' a mobile-CPU:

AHM... - Mobile Athlon 4 Palomino(Model 6)
AXMA... - Mobile Athlon XP-M Desktop Replacement OPGA, 72W(Model 8/10)
AXMH... - Mobile Athlon XP-M DTR/Mainstream OPGA, 45W(Model 8/10)
AXMD... - Mobile Athlon XP-M Standard/Low-Power OPGA/µPGA, 35W(Model 8/10)
AXMS... - Mobile Athlon XP-M Low-Power µPGA, 25W(Model 8/10)
AXML... - Mobile Athlon XP-M Ultra Low-Power µPGA, 16W(Model 8/10)

The 16W Ultra Low-power and 25W Low-power parts(as well as most of the 35W Low-power parts) come in a µ-PGA package which has a different pin-configuration and is physically incompatible with a normal desktop/mobile Socket A - these CPUs require a special Socket(µ-PGA Socket 563).

Might be usefull to someone..

Thank you for the information. It indeed is useful. Welcome to the forums.

Thank you

I am trying hard to gather information about the mobiles, especially the datasheet would be great. But I will try to compose my own and post it, if I can collect enough information.

I assumed that the mobile's didn't have their own datasheet because they weren't that different from the desktop version. Connect a bridge on the desktop chips, and they can use PowerNOW!. That and lower voltages are the main difference between the mobile cpus and the normal cpus.

Back