• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vcore way to low!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enyo

im running an 2000xp @ 185 x 12.5 (multi is locked) with a Vcore of 1.9V

im using a 550W q-tech duel fan PSU, and a Albatron kx800

now my problem is; that my computer is only getting 1.4v to the cpu!... thats below the original voltage for the cpu and its causing instability!.. no i know the q-tech isn't the greatest of PSU's but surely it can't be that bad.. what can i do to get the Vcore back up?

[edit] . the rest of my voltages are .. ok .. its just the Vcore thats too low

So you're saying you have the BIOS vcore set to 1.9V and the CPU is getting 1.4V? Where did you read this? MBM5, multimeter on board. or where? A little more info please. :)

if there was only 1.4v going thru it esp at that speed i really cant see it booting :s.

strange but i dont believe the voltage readout

yea if you are reading through mbm5 make sure its configured right, cause on an older version it had my vdimm and cpu voltages were switched

ive taken multiple readings from the bios, from z-cpu and from mbm.. sitll all of them read 1.4v.. and its true my computer doens't boot with the fsb any higher, it gives read errors and bsod's on windows but that could just be the cpu .. i just really don't like the 1.4 volts Vcore..

[edit]

my computer is unstable in the sence that P95 whines about it and can't finish calculations but games and other apps run with out a single problem ..

ive fiddled with the MBM vcore sensor settings and the only change i saw on vcore was a 0.01 v drop so unless mbm doesn't support the albatron its not the settings..

Back