• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

feel the heat

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ir_guard

Registered
I have few parts to get before i hard core oc, but for fun I drilled a whack of holes in the lid of my case. then ran a fan to it (same one I had running out the back). The running temp dropped from 50 to 42 C ............. stock cooling on the cpu pretty good drop for some holes in the lid LOL

Not bad :) When you say lid are you talking about the top of the case or the side of it? Have you thought about putting a fan in place of the holes? You might get even better temps doing this.

heat

Yes I put the fan at the top of the case........ I realize that i need more cooling but it's fun to see the difference one mod at a time. now i need to get an intake at the front and an exhaust at the back..... What are good ones to use .. Low noise being fairly important not planning on running my oc through the roof mind you

Just about everyone here agrees that for low noise and high airflow the Panaflo Hydrowaves are the best fans to get. They come in 80 to 120mm flavors.

heat

mmmm they sound yummmy LOL hope the local shops have em

I have read a lot of posts where they are mentioned dont want the computer to sound like an old cray LOL for those that rememeber those montrous room sized computers

yeah sfII's are great fans. and for the noise the controller is great to have so if you want to show off you can jack up the fan speed and get that extra bit of cooling.

Back