• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

enough is enough-this means you

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

larva

Inactive Moderator
I have repeatedly asked people to post in the correct forum. This is in fact one of the conditions you agreed to in order to register here. I have gently suggested that people follow this rule, even in the cpu section, for months on end. I am tired of this.

From now on, any Intel or AMD-specific question posted here by a member with more than one star gets deleted on sight. Don't want yours deleted? Put it in the correct catagory. I will, for the time being at least, move incorrectly placed posts by new members to the correct forums, but I will not be leaving redirects for them.

And before someone starts saying they can't tell which forum their post goes in, I don't want to hear it. This problem is not that people are unable to divine this most difficult of distinctions, but that they simply do not bother. Time to bother. Rocket science it isn't.

Should you be one of the users that bothers to post in the correct category, I appreciate it. Obviously these comments do not apply to you.

How about we just poor hot coffee down their pants next time they do that?

On a more serious note, why do we have CPUs Forum at all? Why not just AMD CPU and INTEL CPU? Maybe a bad question, just a thought.

Well there are general CPU questions/discussions that would fit both categories, as well as ones that are related to neither AMD nor Intel (so IBM or Motorola for example). People though just don't seem to realize we have fully funcioning AMD and Intel specific sections and refuse to post in the proper topic. :rolleyes:

Hey Larva, even though I don't check this part of the forums much would it be alright with you for me to PM you with links I find which should be AMD or Intel but are stuck in CPUs instead? Might save you some trouble of having to read through a few threads :)

JigPu

Or you could just do like HWC does and put all the CPU discussions into one forum. Ironically there is little to no AMD vs. Intel discussion/debate there.

http://discussions.hardwarecentral.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=7

Anandtech does it too.
http://forums.anandtech.com/categories.cfm?catid=28

I use mostly Intel so I usually go to the Intel forum but I like to know about AMD stuff too. It would be nice if I could browse one forum for everything. I know OC.com like to break everything down into all these small forums but as you have found it turns out to be alot of work trying to keep up with moving them if you feel they are in the wrong place.

larva said:
I have repeatedly asked people to post in the correct forum. This is in fact one of the conditions you agreed to in order to register here. I have gently suggested that people follow this rule, even in the cpu section, for months on end. I am tired of this.

From now on, any Intel or AMD-specific question posted here by a member with more than one star gets deleted on sight. Don't want yours deleted? Put it in the correct catagory. I will, for the time being at least, move incorrectly placed posts by new members to the correct forums, but I will not be leaving redirects for them.

And before someone starts saying they can't tell which forum their post goes in, I don't want to hear it. This problem is not that people are unable to divine this most difficult of distinctions, but that they simply do not bother. Time to bother. Rocket science it isn't.

Should you be one of the users that bothers to post in the correct category, I appreciate it. Obviously these comments do not apply to you.

Holy **** man! :eek:

How the hell did u touch 3.4Ghz with that 1.8a of yours!!!?
What stepping is that?

I can only touch 2.7Ghz and that too with 1.76Vcore :(.
I too have an Sp-94 with Vantec Tornado fan ;).

So plz let me know how u did that gr8 Overclock.

Ps:i know this would have been discussed before,but since i am new here,so cant find the old thread :S.

Thanks.

There should just be a CPUs group with a "Other CPUSs" forum. People are too lazy to do one more click, if you make CPUs a group and put in a other cpus forum, they will have to make that extra clikc no matter what.

Re: Re: enough is enough-this means you

bazooka said:

How the hell did u touch 3.4Ghz with that 1.8a of yours!!!?
What stepping is that?

It's one of the dell-pull SL6LA wonder chips. Most 1.8a's don't have that kind of clock in them. I've seen B0 step 1.8a's that topped out at as little as 2.25GHz, so it does get worse than yours. Sorry there is nothing more to tell you other than you have to have a chip that really has 3.4GHz in it.

JigPu said:
Hey Larva, even though I don't check this part of the forums much would it be alright with you for me to PM you with links I find which should be AMD or Intel but are stuck in CPUs instead? Might save you some trouble of having to read through a few threads :)

I accept PM's from all, but hopefully this won't be necessary once people figure out there post will just vanish if it's not in the right place.

bulk88 said:
There should just be a CPUs group with a "Other CPUSs" forum. People are too lazy to do one more click, if you make CPUs a group and put in a other cpus forum, they will have to make that extra clikc no matter what.

Personally, I like the way the cpu section is organized. And were I to support changing it, it would be for a better reason than people simply being unwilling to post in the correct section. As I mentioned, that is one of the points on which membership here is conditioned. It is unlikely that I would ban someone for violating this rule alone, but I've reached the end of my patience with this particular situation and will not allow it to continue, popular decision or not.

And O, BTW, if you have questions as to what sort of standards to place on where you post, do read my sticky above if you have not already.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=234632

Nobody is going to be shot if they make a honest error in judgement, but the blatant disregard for the categorical structure of this forum will have to stop. It's not hard for anyone and it allows the forum to operate more efficiently and be more useful to its members.

Personally I would like to see the 2 star plus people doing it named and shamed by locking the thread with the reason given for doing so in bold letters! lol

Last edited:
Back