• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NTLDR missing!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hipster

Hey guys! How's everybody doin'? Well, my lead system has been running lock clockwork for a couple months now and it's been fantastic! Thanks for all the assistance in the beginning.
This morning, my wife says she was going to print something and encountered some sort of problem and she performed a simple C/A/Delete as requested but now I have the dreaded error.My primary consisted of a Raid 0 array and an orphan SATA-non-raid on the Promise for general B/U. I don't see the Raid array on initial boot, only the Promise orphan. I had used a B/U program from my Sony dvd-rw (simple B/U) which required 5 dvd's and I also have 4 diskettes labeled XP auto-system recovery although, I must be honest here, I'm not sure what to try first? I guess I'm not clear/convinced I've lost my data on these drives yet? so I want to move forward slowly since I would rather not have to rebuild from the ground up. I gotta run out for 20 min. I'll check back then. TIA :(

Last edited:
/bump

I had that same prob with the NTLDR missing, I had to rebuild my hard drives just because windows didnt like the way i set the hard drives up and wanted to do things its way. I don't think windows likes RAID arrays.. seriously im never buying another OS from microsoft, i have so many problems because of this OS. I dont see how such crappy operating systems become mainstream. They have enough money, why cant they make something worth the 100+ dollars we pay for it?!

hdd failure! only 6 weeks old too! Oh well, up and running now w/a Raid1 array. That should take care of this type of situation in the future:D

A LARGE percentage of Windows errors like that one, which say "_____ is either missing or corrupt" can be fixed in the recovery console by replacing the file requested. I don't obviously know the exact error message you had, but for future reference, if it gives you a location and it's missing or corrupt, boot into the recovery console and replace the file. It won't hurt anything if it's already broken :D

Z

ntldr is in the i386 folder of the disk just
To correct the problem, the user must boot the computer with a Windows 95 or 98 Startup diskette or another bootable diskette with sys.com on it. Then, at the "A:\>" prompt, type "sys c:" and press "enter." A "System Transferred" prompt should appear and then the user must reboot the computer without the diskette.

Back