• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI and a Mobile 2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tacoman667

Does anyone know if these 2 are compatable? I am reading about the PowerNOW feature and would like to know if it can be turned off on the DFI Ultra B. I wouldn't want my CPU auto-throttling while I am playing games or something. I just ordered a 2500+ mobile Barton and know nothing about them. Thanks in advance.

it will work fine, you don't have to worry about PowerNow! due to you don't have a laptop

w/ good ram, you'll have no prob hitting 230+fsb, check out the thread "Mobile Barton steppings/results" thread in this section

So with the system in my sig minus the 1700+, I will get a really good FSB? I am hearing that these NF2 400 chipsets also have the PCI and AGP locked. That means I can raise the FSB all the way to max and lower the CPU multiplier to minimum and it would still work? I never was one to OC using the FSB to extremes. I still get a little queezy thinking about running the FSB that high.

I am hearing that these NF2 400 chipsets also have the PCI and AGP locked. That means I can raise the FSB all the way to max and lower the CPU multiplier to minimum and it would still work?

Queezy eh?

This board is gonna make you beg for mercy. If you get the right RAM it has the possiblity of going over 600mgz :eek:

But to anwser your question, yes they have a PCI lock...or atleast I hope so! (j/kin)

Well, what about the HyperX PC3200 RAM? I heard about bh6 chips and how well they are performancewise and with overclocking. I was wondering if these chips were used by kingmax on these RAM modules.

I am waiting for my new Antec TrueControl550W gets in before I press the system any higher on the FSB. I think my 5+ year old Enermax 430W is finally on the brink. Random reboots when playing games and such. I think I am finally pushing too much power through the rails.

Tacoman667 said:
Well, what about the HyperX PC3200 RAM? I heard about bh6 chips and how well they are performancewise and with overclocking. I was wondering if these chips were used by kingmax on these RAM modules.

I am waiting for my new Antec TrueControl550W gets in before I press the system any higher on the FSB. I think my 5+ year old Enermax 430W is finally on the brink. Random reboots when playing games and such. I think I am finally pushing too much power through the rails.

Look @ my sig.

This board, this CPU, and this RAM can go very high. I'm starting to think my PSU is the limiter now.

Kingston uses BH-5 chips on the PC3200 hyperX NON-A models. These can be found at www.zipzoomfly.com

happy OCing :)

Back