• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

im thinking of getting a mobile cpu, can someone tell me about them.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AL Romero

how do they work in desk pcs?

r they locked multis?

do they run cool like the new durons?

is there any trick to getting the "claimed" 2.5, 2.6, 2.7Ghz?

from what i saw in the cpu data base there was a lot of nf7-s's but do u need any modding to get it to work in desktop form? hehe i guess thats the same question, isnt it?

thanks for you info :D

ok man, there's a whole thread about this already. next time please try to help yourself by using the search button and by actually looking at the threads in the forum. i dont want to sound harsh, but seriously, the thread is right there, pretty hard to miss even if you aren't looking for it.

good luck going Mobile

AL Romero said:
rerrrrr hisss

Come on now.

Its true there are so many threads on the Mobiles it silly.

Here are some answers for the lazy anyways.

All Mobiles are unlocked.

Is there a trick to 2800mhz? No its luck, combined with a good systems and good cooling, and the nerve to run lots of voltage.

Do more reading, but deffinatly buy one.

yeah i read that thread that Smirabi was kind enough to post for me. it was very helpful, and answered most all the the question i had. i dont have water cooling so i doubt i can get 2.7 or 2.8 but im hoping to get 2.5 or 2.6 stable on air. that would be sweet :D

2.5-2.6 should be easy as long as you dont get a dud of a chip.. which is not as common with the mobiles.. but it does happen.

Back