• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Broke the door off my Antec AMG1080

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mord

****! i broke the door off my case :(, any suggestions / helpfull tips? its a fantastic case, why the **** did they have to make the door so weak?

I also broke the door panel of my AMG 1080 PlusView only after 2 days !!! I also do not believe how weak it is. The small plastic hinges are extremely fragile. Whn on earth, they couldn't make it stronger by using harder plastic, or even an aluminium hinges. This is what I hate most with the case. Otherwise, it is one of the most beautiful case I've seen. I finally fixed it myself using a small piece of acrylic cut into the right size and shape, and stuck it with superglue.

No problems with my door. I have an Antec PlusView1000AMG. And I slam that thing, still holds up. And watch, now that I said this, it's going to snap off right now.

bloody stuipid design, which is such a shame considering the rest of the case is fantasticaly made.

Time to jury rig it together with superglue.

Just to add to the general agreement that the Antec doors are really quite crappy.

Just broke my case door the other day (my case below, virtually the same as the 1080), the top hinge just snapped off.
Haven't got round to replacing it yet, but you can buy them off the Antec site as far as I know.

;)

Ok, im blind :D.

Snag number 002, they only deliver inside america and canada.

Being a brit this poses some what of a problem, time to ask their support people :D

I accendentally broke the door off my Chieftec which is pretty much the same thing just without the antec name and cheaper. I had forgot to close the door and walked past it and hit it with my knee broke the door right off. They need to make it out of metal like the Thermaltake cases it's to easy to break off. I got a replacemet from directron.com with a few other things I wanted like blacklights and window. It looks good as new, now even better.

tekOC said:
I broke mine off on purpose, its useless - just makes the case look ugly.

They do sell them without door's ya know kinda easier than ripping it off.

Its a bit late, but no they wont :D, they referd me to the "uk" branch and said it would cost me £25 to get a replacment door (it cost me £40 for the case). You decide if i bought it or not :D

Back