• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raid Setup Disk damaged

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rich25

Question here. Ive set up a raid0 on a a7n8x with dual 36gb raptors and i am formatting them for win 2000 pro. After it runs through the whole status bar up to 100% it waits a minute and then gives me the essage that it was unable to format the partition The disk may be damaged. I have tried this about 3 times now with the same results. Any ideas/ Both drives seem fine (spinning up etc) and were recognized perfectly in setting up the raid. Thanks

Rich

Last edited:
If anyone has any ideas i'd really like to hear them, this is rather weird. i can format and install no problem on 1 of the drives ill go and try the other just to be sure the drives are fine.

Rich

As an addendum, i got it to get past the error message once, and it started loading 2000 pro , it then gave me an error message and said it could not complete after it was done with the status bar. I tried formatting and installing the OS on both drives individually and they both absolutly fly through the instal procedure in about 2 minutes with no errors. I tried raid again and recieved the same error. This is driving me insane.

Rich

Have you updated to the latest Bios and also the latest drivers to load durring the installation of the O/S, If you are using an old bios and new drivers this can cause problems.

Update your Mobo Biols 1st and see if that helps.

Just checked the bios it is 1006 on a rev 1.01 board. Guess i could go to 1007 but i can only seem to find it for rev 1.03 and up boards (i guess this board was old stock or something as i only bought it 2 months ago)

Rich

Back