Games Tips and general discussion
Forum Jump

flight combat?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 03-05-04, 07:18 PM Thread Starter   #1
ashenfang
The Jet Man!

flight combat?

Looking for a good/fun modern combat flight sim, janes were really good, but now outdated. I know there are some new ones, but I can't think of any names. Any suggestions?

Old 03-05-04, 08:33 PM   #2
Robrules18

Lock-on Modern air combat (LOMAC) its the cats pajamas... and is 40 bucks (it was 20 back at gogamer.coms 48 hour madness sale awhile ago..) thats the newst one, it has modern aircraft.
Robrules18 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-05-04, 11:57 PM   #3
repo man11

10 Year Badge

LOMAC is one of the latest and greatest. I have it, but I haven't really been able to get excited about it yet. The learning curve is so steep that I get bored, and go back to playing Il-2 Forgotten Battles.

I doubt that any jet sim will ever displace WW-2 era sims for me. I'm really only looking forward to future WW-2 sims that are better than Forgotten Battles. And that won't be easy.

A new expansion for Forgotten Battles has just been released, with quite a few more flyable planes. I can't wait.

Old 03-06-04, 03:09 PM   #4
Asteras

microsoft's flight simulator ruleZ. i think that the microsoft simulatoe 2004 is on the selves but am not sure. but i know that those sim are great. try them out. i think you will like a lot
Asteras is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-06-04, 03:26 PM   #5
NOThelagak

Quote:
Originally posted by Asteras
microsoft's flight simulator ruleZ. i think that the microsoft simulatoe 2004 is on the selves but am not sure. but i know that those sim are great. try them out. i think you will like a lot
he said he wants a COMBAT sim. and microsofts combat sim SUX so i dont think thats wut he had in mind. though, your right, microsoft flight sims are pretty sweet if all you wanna do is fly around and crash your plane into buildings

OMGWTFHAX!!!1111oneoneoneshift+oneshift+one
NOThelagak is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-07-04, 01:10 AM   #6
12am

10 Year Badge

As said before IL2 and Lomac are your only real choices in the combat sim genre these days, however if you settle on lomac get ready to spend ungodly ammounts of time learning the game. On a side note, if you have flight sim 2002 or 2004 head over to www.simviation.com and get yourselves some addon aircraft, it makes the flight sim games 100% more fun!.

8Gb Corsair Vengeance @ 1600mhz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3Gb @ 1225/1700 (1.2v)
Corsair Tx750 V2 Powersupply
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition Case
80" Sharp Lc80Le632u Tv
12am is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-11-04, 11:33 PM   #7
aronmartin

I like microsoft's combat flight simulator series.

aronmartin is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-13-04, 10:56 AM   #8
Agent_Mull

for a non-combat flight sim, i saw this one called XPlane in one of my PopSci's. It looks so much better than M$'s stuff. This one can display flight vectors in real time, fly just about any airplane that someone makes. It even has Starwars Racing Pods and stuff. I havent seen it any where. www.x-plane.com im dling the demo right now.

I was just playing Janes F/A-18 and it looks pretty crappy in the graphics department. But its still fun.

Last edited by Agent_Mull; 03-13-04 at 11:01 AM.
Agent_Mull is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-13-04, 11:35 AM   #9
crull

Try and find a copy of Falcon 4. It had a few problems when it came out, but has been fixed and modded quite a bit. Now it has graphics that are almost as good as LOMAC, but runs better. I have tried LOMAC and went right back to Falcon 4.
crull is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Software > Games
Games Tips and general discussion