• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which dual amd board???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The only dual chipsets for Athlon XP/MP's are the AMD 760MP and the AMD 760MPX. Both chipsets are limited to a 1/3 and 1/4 divider, so any PCI speed above 150 or so, is impractical, because you run the PCI speed so high that most components won't work, or will corrupt all your data.

Highest you can get is 150 FSB on a MSI K7D and up the multi to 12.5. Or you can maybe get closer to 160 FSB on an Iwill or Asus dual board.

You can always do socket mods to up the muliplyer further.

^^^they pretty much covered it all I own 3 K7d's and that is the only one i want. Awsum dual AMD board period... I am still on the hunt for a vcore mod on this board :(

There are some voltage issues with KD7's such that you either get a good one or a bad one. Just rma the bad ones until you get a good one. (I have a bad one and can't RMA it), so I'm getting an Asus A7M266-D. I have not been able to find any of the Iwill boards anywhere, even used.

Shroomr said:
^^^they pretty much covered it all I own 3 K7d's and that is the only one i want. Awsum dual AMD board period... I am still on the hunt for a vcore mod on this board :(
There is a paint trick like the multiplier that adjust it and there is also a CPU card that allows you to do it and the multipliers as well.
paint ~ http://www.ocinside.de/index_e.html
I don't have a link to the card but you can find them on eBay easy enough.

I have an asus A7M266D and I had to mod everything on the cpu/s bcs the vcore only adjusts for the main cpu. The only option I have really is fsb settings in bios.

Running at 166x14 = 2324 mhz on air cooling. The trick is to use a pci eide or raid controller and not bother with the on board eide channels to prevent hd data corruption.

Those mobiles are very nice however, at playchess.com some chic is running two of them in smp mode at 2556 mhz on air cooling at 1.75 vcore, and they plan on getting water cooling, can we say 2700 mhz dual @ 1.85 vcore? LOL
That machine searches at 2.5 million positions per second using Deep Fritz 8 the new chess program, AMAZING!

Back