• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Score Confusion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FarEast

Most Generous Member
Ok this is the specs of my system:

AMD 2500+ @ 11x205
Gigabyte GA-7 N400 Pro2 v2.0
Audigy Platinum 1
2x 80gb SATA Seagate Barracuda 7's in Raid 0 array.

1024MB Corsair XMS Twinx 3200

Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb
Core Clock @ 432Mhz
Memory @ 363.50 Mhz

All Air cooled.

3DMARK 03

Score= 6194

3Dmark 01

Score= 17043

Now i have a few questions;

What settings will produce the best scores in both 3DMARK 01 & 03? (I think some one should write a walk through on what needs to configured and settings changed to, to yeild the best results, then made into a sticky!)

Also I think that for the hardware I have the scores are very low, I have a feeling that there is something wrong with my memory and I'm currently trying to resolve this with Corsair. But if this is the case why is this a low score?

Last edited:
I agree on the sticky part.

The score looks ok, but it looks like an untweaked system. I'd estimate that you should get a mid to high 18k score from that system, without any speed changes.

Have your AGP Aperture size set to 64mb, and have CPU Interface enabled/aggressive. Make sure that APIC is set to enabled.

Do a fresh install of Windows 2000 if possible. Compared to an old XP installation, this could give you close to 1000 marks more itself. Use Catalyst 3.5(3.7 works very nicely, as well). The 3DMark2001 profile in Rage3D Tweak helps a little as well.

For 3DMark03, you should use a 128mb AGP Aperture, and Catalyst 4.2.

Back