• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! Not sure if this matters

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prok

Hi all, still new to this...
I just picked up a thermaltake volcano 11+ for my bro's xp 2100 at Fry's. It has obviously been used (although the salesman claimed it wasn't) - it has a few scratches on the bottom, but I figure I can lap it so that won't matter (right?) The bottom is not completely level, it looks like the volcano 12 attached below:

The thing that I'm not really sure about is that near the fins it seems somewhat "rusted". How could this happen and will it affect my temps? I don't want to take it all the way back to Fry's if these things won't matter. I appreciate any and all advice.

Also, does anyone have a suggestion for a hsf better than this one? I need to stay under 30 bucks total. Thanks for any help folks.

Attachments

• 35-106-035-02.jpg
    35-106-035-02.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
The rust would have to be on the bracket part of the HS..I would try to remove the rust and seal the metal..The copper will oxidize, but not rust...non ferris metal..:)

It's not the actual bracket but on the hs so maybe it oxidized. Think it will affect cpu temps at all?

Last edited:
well i found out i can get a volcano 12 for about the same price, do you know if it makes much of a difference? cfm is the same on both, but i think the heatsink is better on the 12. I'm curious if it will make that much of a difference in temps... if its only a few degrees its probably not worth it.

some thing strang about the reivew. I dont know but i really hoope if anyone have a volcano12 please post their result. To me SLK800A and SLK900A is very very good, and i have seen it in real action.

If i have a chance i will pick volcano12; however, my experience with Thermaltake in the past somehow makes me think twice

Back