• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are some other good RPG's to play on a LAN other than Diablo 2 and Dungeon Siege

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUK101

What are some other good RPG's to play on a LAN other than Diablo 2 and Dungeon Siege

My wife and I had a lot of fun playing through Dungeon Siege LOA and are now wanting to play another good RPG like that. I have already played through Diablo 2 five or six times and am starting to tire of that one. I tried Neverwinter Nights and couldnt get into that one, so that one is out of the question. What are some other good ones? Graphics dont really matter to me that much as long as they are DX7 or better as long as the gameplay is great.

Ultima Online was awesome. I was addicted for 5 years (just recently forced myself away).

Plus; there are free servers to play on.

Sentential said:
Neverwinder Nights....hands down!

He said NWN was out of the picture.

What was it about NWN that you didn't like? Maybe there is something that can be done about it. :D It really is a great game.

Lusankya said:
Try Star Wars: KNights of the Old Republic. Its a well done game and is very immersive and have lots of different choices that will effect the outcome.

He wants to play multiplayer on a LAN. KOTOR won't work. I second NWN, even though you're not too impressed with it. It is a really great game. I can't think of many other games like D2 that really grabbed me other than NWN. Although, the Baldur's Gate series was an oldie but goodie. You might want to look into that. I think it offers up some multiplayer action. ;)

There was a Diablo-clone game that came out a couple years ago, was supposed to be pretty good (I played the demo, and was fun for a hack/slash). Forgot the name though, maybe someone here knows.

there were a couple diablo clones that came out, one i know of from back in the day was Darkstone

yeah darkstone is pretty decent but I think after playing through dungeon siege you might find darkstone a little lacking :rolleyes: .

Rune with the multiplayer mod is a decent hack and slash game
Another good one is vampire the masquerade redemption. Very fun lan rpg hack en slash

That Vampire one sounds good. Neverwinter Nights was just a big letdown for us. My sister and her boyfriend and I all went and paid $30 for the game each and where just extremely bored with trying to play it. It might have been the 3+ hours of setup and going through the training course and still being lost, or maybe the 22mb patch to it that had to be dl'ed with a 28.8 connection. Idunno, out of the three of us nobody really liked it after all of that. I think that mainly it was just because after 3-4 hours of playing we where all still wondering what was going on. I even played on my own for a couple of hours since all the reviews claimed that it is a great game and I still couldnt get into it. I want to like, I just cant. I might try it again though since it is sitting here and I am looking for another good game to play,.

Back