• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dexmaus

Registered
Hi, I'm willing to spend $250 for a water cooling setup. I was thinking buying a pre-made setup with case, but after my reading, i determined to buy them seperately and build it myself. First, i have no experience in water cooled at all, still learning, and gathering the best that i can. so i have couple question that needs to be answered with your best knowledge, thanks

(1) With water cooling, how much temp drop am i looking for? (my CPU is very high, 60c under run, P4 2.8)

(2) How hard is it to buy and install everything from scratch for a newbie like me? Is there any guide that leads you in installation step by step?

(3) What is a good setup for $250, that includes case. If you could, please list them and where to get them(this is a system for personal use, I have 2 hard drives, 2 cdroms)

Lastly, If anyone willing to spend the time and guide me thru this on AIM, please add me: Dexmaus

Thank you very much!

First off 250 seems like a good budget... I don't know about cases tho... A large cheap steel case maybe but 200-250 alone for just WCing components is good...

When you first start to put together everything it can get really anxious and paranoid but thats good because you will be more careful that way. It's not that hard once you get started. Just be patient and dont rush. Test everything before running...

P4 doesnt like lotta voltage so I doubt ull be running anything above 1.675v... Your temp won't be high but temp of your CPU generally depends on many factors. But do expect a moajor drop from your current temp tho.

Stickies are the best thing to familiarize your self with WCing...

I am like yourself, looking to get into watercooling. I just read through all the stickies on the sticky pages here at ocforums.com. Read lots of reviews. Shopped around a bit. There's a wealth of information available through the search feature of the forum.

I finally came to this:

http://www.fiverings.net/alpha/alpha.htm

I'd help you, but it'd be like the blind leading the blind. :p

Back