• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ok... time to upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Contra

i have about $500 bucks i wanna spend on a video card

what should i get,

any suggestions?
should i wait for the new card coming out?

On a single card? Man you got a big hole in your pocket. Some will tell you to wait, others will tell you to buy. But with that 5700u, I think you should wait and hang onto the cash if you can.

With $500 and the NV40 just weeks away, it would be well worth the wait for that card since you already have high-end graphics in your system atm.

Contra said:
i have about $500 bucks i wanna spend on a video card

what should i get,

any suggestions?
should i wait for the new card coming out?

Dude!

I'm sitting here with a half built computer, and a video card is actually all I need. I have a 5600U boxed, waiting to be shipped to deeman. If I had $500, there would be noway I could wait it out. But then again, I don't have a 5700U to tide me over.:(

As Buhammot said, it might be better to wait. Then again...You could sell the 5700U, and pay $50 more for a 5900U or 9800PRO!

Considering we are speaking about $50, I would just do that instead of waiting. You will always have an option to sell either the pro or the 5900U for what will be out later. Plus, the new always sells for more when it first hit the streets.;)

Last edited:
Back