• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duties in BF1942 CTF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diggingforgold

If you were in a tank at your main base defending the flag on a repairpad with one other tank and one active assault near the flag, would you go for the flag if the flagcarrier made it all the way to the entrance of your base and then died and dropped the flag? Or would you just stare at it and do nothing, since it is your duty to only defend.

Well this is what happened to me. I was about 20 feet away from this guy when I dropped the flag. He just sat there. Then I respawned a few seconds later and tried despirately to get to the flag before it disappeared.. and of course it disappeared. I asked my teammate why he didn't go for it when I dropped it, and he said "IM DOING DEFENSE, I DONT MOVE FROM THIS REPAIR PAD". Then he threatened to switch teams "IF YOU WOULD LIKE THAT BETTER".

Wouldn't you be a team player and go for the flag if it was only about 5 seconds away from you, even though you are doing defense? Argg... that made me so mad after dodging all those fighters bombs and bullets across the desert in a kubelwagen. I hopped up and down on his tank and knifed it in rage lol.

I think it was lame for him to be on the reapir pad in the first place. but I i was playing I would have ran for the flag

His responsibility was to get the flag. Now it would be understandable if there was a heavy firefight going on and he was under attack and leaving the pad would have done nothing more then get him killed. But if he was just sitting there twiddling his thumbs.. he dropped the ball

Same lame things happen often as when you are injuryed, and a medic is running along side of you, but ignore your 1 million calling for medic. It wouldn't even waste their time since they are running the same way, all they need to do is take out the medic pack and press mouse 1 while still running. Similar things a happen to engineers. While that's why I am an engineers myself, but some jerks would steal vehicles while you are repairing.

Back