• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who would have thought???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShadowCat66

I made a vow to the team and myself, even after selling/ giving away my extra parts that made my 7 layer farm of XP's to reach the 8k a week again.I was hovering around 5.5k aweek at that time.That I could have done this just by rechecking my borgs (aided by the new core and Wedo's one-click) and changing a few systems to duallys! I admit that I did throw a new MP2800 system together(to replace my 2.8 gaming rig) but thats all I had for new systems.

Best of both worlds ,with getting systems that are more useable,more powerfull, and giving people comps they can use.My power bill dropped nicely also,I think at one time I had 13 systems running. I guess I need to set my goals just a bit higher next time....and my next surge will reflect just that :)

My home systems now include:
1 MP2800 dually
1 XP2400 dually
3 MP2600 dually,s
2 P4's waiting for a good home(2.8 & 2.4)

Wow! thats nice!

Good work! :thup:

Although, you know you could sell the MP's and get XP's and bridge mod them. With all the money you save you could probably put together a dual duron rig ;)

Yeah @mdOcer, I knew someone would bring that up,But with xp's running at different speeds and FSB I didnt want to go through all that.Believe it or not AMD is something fairly new to me,I was an Intel guy all the way till just a short time ago.My buddy just shakes his head at me now(He's still intel fanboy).

ShadowCat66 said:
Yeah @mdOcer, I knew someone would bring that up,But with xp's running at different speeds and FSB I didnt want to go through all that.Believe it or not AMD is something fairly new to me,I was an Intel guy all the way till just a short time ago.My buddy just shakes his head at me now(He's still intel fanboy).

ah I see. YOu could still sell em, and welcome to the amdness :D :D err... whatever that is...

Scyrage said:
i got 2 systems working hard now :)) 3400+ and a 2400+

Scyrage I see your new here to the forums and team 32. Welcome to both Glad to have you on the team. Any questions just ask away. We are here to help.

PS Nice powah to start with. It will be a good base for your farm:D

Thats right LOL you have drifted over to the dark side. AMD Duallies are a good choice now for folding as they do require a lot less power than 2 singles. Im down to three rigs myself. two are now duals and the third is getting converted after we move. You have done a wonderful job in maintaining your ppw and cutting costs.

Dual AMD Bartons on a MSI K7D Master here, and I love it. Kick arse job on the pow-ah increase ShadowCat, it seems like everyone has been catching the fever recently.

If only the K7D would go above 150 fsb.... next rig I suppose.

Wedo

Thats a heck of a nice set up you have going on there. Humm wonder what I can whip up?

just when I praise myself I have all zero's for updates today...lol....Hope that changes soon :)

Thanks for the praises,I thought I did a good job too and just wanted to toot my horn abit :)

Last edited:
Wedo said:
Dual AMD Bartons on a MSI K7D Master here, and I love it. Kick arse job on the pow-ah increase ShadowCat, it seems like everyone has been catching the fever recently.

If only the K7D would go above 150 fsb.... next rig I suppose.

Wedo

those mobile bartons?? theres ways for a little coding that will "unlock" the potential of those if they are :D

Back