• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Poll!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@md0Cer

I thought I would do a little poll.

1.) How many Ghz worth of comps are you around?

2.) How many of them fold?

3.) Got alot but cant get em folding becuase of not being able to get permission or get around security like @md0Cer?

Thre must be 1000ghz or more at my collage but i cant borg em cous the admin has a grudge against me as i know more about computers than they do:(

Edit: attualy theres prolly only 500ghz as most of them are only 1.2ghz cellerys:rolleyes:

There's probably about 1,000Ghz + here on my school site. None of them fold because I don't think the school will approve it because they always say "That isn't healthy for the computer." The new school they are building are going to have 2.4Ghz P4's. Imagine all that power going to waste. I don't blame them for keeping the computers off all the time though. After the blaster hit last summer, the school was glad all their XP computers were off, so I figure they are going to leave it that way.

@md0Cer said:
I thought I would do a little poll.

1.) How many Ghz worth of comps are you around?

2.) How many of them fold?

3.) Got alot but cant get em folding becuase of not being able to get permission or get around security like @md0Cer?

1. Not sure, but lots
2. What a silly question, all of them of course.
3. Nope.

1.) I'll have to get back to you on that one.
-20.4 Ghz i n my office (the workstations) 3GHz in 500MHz celerons, 15.4GHz in 2.2GHz P4 laptops, an A** load of P2 233MHz laptops, 2 dual Xeon servers, a dell 15** server and a 2450 dell server and 2 hp netservers at 933MHz all sitting arround doing nothing.
So ya about 47GHz not being used in my office

2.) 0, Goose Egg, nadam zilch. Don't you love Government policies, espicaly when you work for them.

3.) Yep!

Last edited:
Darn. Looks like alot of people are in the same situation I am. 313.13 Ghz here. zip zero zilch folding :cry:

if you have issues getting around laws, let me know

I got around it, LEGALLY, in a government building(hence my being red ATM) if you want help, let me know

Well in my apartment with 2 roomates...I got one folding
But my other roomate has 4ghz in his room that he refuses to fold with, I've tried every possible way to get him folding but he just won't :(

Darn. Looks like alot of people are in the same situation I am. 313.13 Ghz here. zip zero zilch folding

I had been thinking about folding....Once I get my PC up and rolling I'll start. Its not much but its better than nothing. However.......

Im really kewl with the Admins of my High skewl. Eventhough Ive moved on to college, I think I can convince him to borg the campus and re-direct his cronies (like me) to the forums.

That place has lots of cash. I know I can probably get his room (atleast) to fold. That place has atleast 35 800mhz PCs in it.

The school has almost 200 1ghz Pent3s avalible.

I might see what I can doo to help the community. No gaurntees tho:cool:

-Sen

My company has 1200 pharmacies nationwide. All pharmacies has at least 1xPIV 1.8, many have 2. Total GHz=2,520. However, I only have access to around 20 locally and of those I only have 5 folding, with another one coming online 3/27.

Hooah!

Back