• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 2.53 ghz 533fsb question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Edge386

I've got an Abit Is7E with 1gb ddr pc 3200 RAM (twin sticks) and a pentium 4 2.53 ghz w/ 533 fsb. I'm pretty sure its a B0 stepping (although I've never looked I'm sure that most of the 2.53's were B0) and I've heard that its going to be difficult to oc to 3.2 ghz. My computer hasn't been working lately and I've been trying to fix it, I'm not sure if its a cpu problem or not but I've also been looking at the 2.8c. I was wondering what the max someone had their 2.53's oc'd to WITHOUT water cooling. I have a Zalman cnps7000a-cu (I think thats right) on the way along with heat spreaders for my system and video ram. Im positive I'll have proper cooling but limited by my Ram (pc3200 again) how high in your opinion could I get my 2.53 up to? I'm aiming for at LEAST 3.0 ghz. I wish it was operational so I could attempt it myself and post the results but until then Im trying to get ready.

i had the same chip and cooler as u dunno if its the same stepping or not...

but i could only oc mine to 2.9ghz stable

Grrrr:mad: I want more power than that!!!! but seriously, I've heard pretty much the same thing from everyone else. That was my fear. Btw, I've never overclocked before. Question though, have you done the VID pin mod to your chip? Would VID pin mod help the 2.53 significantly at all?

Two P2.53 Malay chips that do 180 and 185 FSB respectively. There was as good batch out of Coast Rica and Maylay late June - July of last year. All the chip I think were C1's though, which is what I have.

Good to know batboy, I hate tinkering around where I dont belong. My chip is a Costa Rica bought around hmmm...lets say november 2002?

When I was actually using my 2.53, I managed to get it to 3.0 stable, but that was about it. Temps were fine, just no matter how I tried to tweak it, I couldnt get it any higher.

I have a new mobo on its way back from its RMA journey so if my cpu works with it i will reapply thermal compound (arctic silver5) and take a gander. Thanks for the input

Back